24 HOUR READATHON MINI REVIEW

Wednesday 26 July 2017

As some of you may know, a few weeks ago I completed my first ever 24 hour readathon! I was so excited to take part in this readathon with some of my best bookstagram friends (I will leave their page links down below) as sometimes I feel I don't prioritize reading as much as I would like.

I managed to read 2 books in 24 hours, 611 pages, with only 5 hours sleep. I had such a good time completing the readathon and I want to try and do this once a month if I can. I will be posting a vlog of my adventure to my booktube soon.




Book: The Little Prince by Antionne De Saint-Expurey
Rating: ★★★
Pages: 112
Synopsis: Moral allegory and spiritual autobiography, The Little Prince is the most translate book in the French language. With a timeless charm it tells the story of a little boy who leaves the safety of his own tiny planet to travel the universe, learning vagaries of the adult behavior through a series of extraordinary encounters. His personal odyssey culminates in a voyage to Earth and further adventures.
My Mini Review: I really enjoyed reading The Little Prince, it was a very fast and light read, I finished it within the first hour or so of the readathon. I had heard many rave reviews about this book, with one person telling me it would change my life, I think this is why this book fell slightly short for me. This book was very endearing and touching but it did not live up to the high expectations I had, I think I will re-read this in the future to see if my perspective changes.




Book: Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
Rating: ★★★★★
Pages: 599
Synopsis: This morning, Kady thought breaking up with Ezra was the hardest thing she'd have to do. This afternoon, her planet was invaded. 

The year is 2575, and two rival megacorporations are at war over a planet that's little more than an ice-covered speck at the edge of the universe. Too bade nobody thought to warn the people living on it. With the enemy fire raining down on them, Kady and Ezra-who are barely even talking to each other- are forced to fight their way onto an evacuating fleet, with an enemy warship in hot pursuit.

But their problems are just getting started. A deadly plague has broken out and is mutating, with terrifying results; the fleet's AI, which should be protecting them, may actually be their enemy; and nobody in charge will say what is really going on. As Kady hacks into a tangled web of data to find the truth, it's clear only one person ca help her bring it all to light: the ex-boyfriend she swore she'd never speak to again.
My Mini Review: I absolutely LOVED Iluminae, this is the first sci-fi book I have ever read and it definitely did not disappoint- this book lived up to the hype! I was on the edge of my seat the entire time I was reading, the different formats of the books I thought was really cool and it all flowed really well and was really well put together to make it a unique experience. The relationship between Kady and Ezra was so sweet and real to read; the plot twists and turns shock me to the core and made me go through a whole range of emotions. I have already ordered the second book in the trilogy and I cant wait for it arrive. I would absolutely, 110% recommend this to anyone, an amazing book! 

My bookstagram friends that I completed the readtahon with:

https://www.instagram.com/bexnbooks/

https://www.instagram.com/zoeehreads/

Let me know if you have read either of these books and what you thought! 

xx

2 comments:

  1. So glad you loved Illuminae! You reading it in the readathon is making me so badly want to read Gemina!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVED IT! I cant wait for Gemina to arrive :D :D

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan