QUEENS OF GEEK REVIEW

Saturday 15 July 2017


Book: Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde
Rating: ★★★★★
Publisher: Swoon Reads
Pages: 288
Synopsis:When BFFs Charlie, Taylor and Jamie go to SupaCon, they know it's going to be a blast. What they don't expect is for it to change their lives forever.

Charlie likes to stand out. SupaCon is her chance to show fans she's over her public breakup with co-star, Reese Ryan. When Alyssa Hunting arrives as a surprise guest, its seems Charlie's long-time crush on her isn't as one-side as she thought.

While Charlie dodges questions about her personal life, Taylor starts asking questions about her own. 

Taylor likes to blend in. Her brain is wired differently, making her fear change. And there's one thing in her life she knows will never change: her friendship with Jaime- no matter how much she may secretly want it to. But when she hears about the Queen Firestone SupaFan Contest, she starts to rethink her rules on playing it safe.


My Review:

Let me just start by saying that this was one of, if not the best books I have read this year. I haven't found a book like this in so long: a book I felt so closely linked with and that I related to this much.

I loved this book because the characters are SO REAL! I saw different parts of myself in all the characters, however Taylor is definitely my favorite! Taylor's journey in this book is one I can relate to so intimately, as I feel I have been on a similar journey with anxiety myself. 

"Everything is just so fucking intense. All the time. It's like the brightness and the sound is turned all the way up on the TV, and you can't ever turn it down"

Taylor was able to express and articulate what I was never able to put into words, I felt like a weight had lifted from my shoulders reading this book, knowing that I was not alone in how I felt. 

Another part of the book I absolutely loved was how true to themselves the characters were, I felt such empowerment reading this, as again I felt like Charlie's journey of self love and acceptance is something I have experienced myself.

"Finally, I feel like the rest of the world is starting to see me the way I've always seen myself"

I resonated with these words so much! The messages in this book about self love, about being yourself and not changing for anyone or not caring what anyone thinks were phenomenal. I think we need to see more books like this in the world, part of me wishes it had been out for ages and I could have read it when I was younger to learn some vital lessons much earlier in life, although reading it now I felt it brought me closer to the characters to have had my own experiences with these issues.

I would definetly recommend everyone I know to read this books, it is a MUST read. It is 100% my top book of this year so far and I am so happy I read it.

I also have a video review of this book: https://youtu.be/ppnjsXSGZa4

Thank you so much for checking out my review and if you have read this book please let me know what you thought!

Xx





No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan