THE RAVEN BOYS SPOILER FREE REVIEW

Tuesday 1 August 2017


Book: The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
Rating: ★★★★★
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Pages: 409 (Hardback)
Synopsis: Blue has spent the majority of her sixteen years being told that if she kisses her true love, he will die. When Blue meets Gansey's spirit on the corpse road she knows there is only one reason why- either he is her true love or she has killed him. Determined to find out the truth, Blue becomes involved with the Raven Boys, four boys from the local private school (lead by Gansey) who are on a quest to discover Glendower- a lost ancient Welsh King who is buried somewhere along the Virginia ley line. Whoever finds him will be granted a supernatural favor. Never before has Blue felt such magic around her. But is Gansey her true love? She can't imagine she would feel like that, and she is adamant not to be the reason for his death. Where will fate lead them?



My Review: 
I absolutely loved this book! From the very first chapter I was hooked and filled with intrigue about what would happen next. I found this book completely awe-inspiring! Maggie's writing had me completely engrossed and on the edge of my seat the whole time; she was able to make me feel like our world was more magical than meets the eye, if you just looked beyond the surface. 

The whimsy and the paranormal basis of this story already has me feeling like this is going to be a new favorite of mine, again making me feel like my world could be more magical if I just believed or looked hard enough. I cant wait to see how these elements progress throughout the books as I can tell this is just the beginning. 
Raven Boys inspired candles by Novel Scents & Co

Blue and the Raven Boys are hard not to love, and I feel they are all so different that everyone could find a friend among them. My favorites through this book were definitely Blue and Adam, although it is so hard to pick as I feel like Gansey may soon take top spot, I'll keep you posted as I read through the series. 

I am currently on chapter 6 of The Dream Thieves (book 2) and I am already loving it so I am super excited to keep reading the series. I would highly recommend this to anyone who enjoys paranormal, young adult books. There is so much more I want to say but I am going to do an in-depth spoiler filled post once I have read all the books.

If you have read this book let me know what you thought and who your favorite character was in this book! 

Thank you so much for checking out my blog! xx

Get your own Raven Boys candles at: www.etsy.com/au/shop/NovelScentsCo and use my code BOOKWORMK10 for a discount!


No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan