A DANGEROUS YEAR SPOILER FREE REVIEW

Saturday 9 September 2017

Book:A Dangerous Year by Kes Trester
Rating: ★★★
Publisher: Curiosity Quills Press
Publication date: 26th September 2017
Pages: 230 
Synopsis:Seventeen-year-old Riley Collins has grown up in some of the world’s most dangerous cities, learning political strategies from her ambassador dad and defensive skills from his security chief. The only thing they didn’t prepare her for: life as an American teenager.

After an incident forces her to leave her Pakistani home, Riley is recruited by the State Department to attend Harrington Academy, one of the most elite boarding schools in Connecticut. The catch: she must use her tactical skills to covertly keep an eye on Hayden Frasier, the daughter of a tech billionaire whose new code-breaking spyware has the international intelligence community in an uproar.

Disturbing signs begin to appear that Riley’s assignment wasn’t the walk in the park she’d been promised. Now, Riley must fight for her life and Hayden’s, as those around her reveal themselves to be true friends or the ultimate betrayers.



My Review:
I absolutely loved this book! It was funny, it was witty and it was action packed. This was the second ARC I have received from NetGalley and I am so glad I requested this book, the cover immediately caught my eye and once I read the synopsis I thought 'this is going to be good!' When I was telling my friends about this book, I described it as Agent Cody Banks meets Gossip Girl, I would definitely recommend A Dangerous Year! 

There was so many things I liked about this book that I don't know where to begin! I love a good young adult mystery with plenty of sleuthing and A Dangerous Year did not disappoint, I was hooked and was guessing the outcome till the very end! 

"Sometimes the best opportunities are the ones you never see coming."

I loved how this story was written and set out, I found myself laughing frequently at Riley's thoughts, her descriptions of people and events were very real and relatable. I also really liked the main character Riley and her fearlessness.

I have already purchased I hard copy of this book and I can not wait until the next book is out, the ending is making me want it right now!! haha. If you enjoy young adult contemporary mysteries, with a hint of romance and intrigue this book is definitely for you! My only criticism of this book is I wish it was longer, I am excited to see where the story will take us in book two! 

If you have read this book, I'd love to hear your thoughts! I'll be posting a video to my YouTube soon which will be more spoilery as I need to talk about this in detail! haha

Xx

2 comments:

  1. Amazing review! I'm tempted to read this now. LoL
    Also, I nominated you for mystery blogger award!
    http://fearstreetzombiereviews.blogspot.com/2017/09/mystery-blogger-award.html

    xoxo - Ash @ Reviews of a FearSreetZombie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much lovely! OMG I will have to check it out :D
    I would definitely recommend it :D

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan